FW: [Peace-discuss] Restore Habeas Corpus

Laurie laurie at advancenet.net
Thu Sep 20 15:10:38 CDT 2007

> Here's someone who's easily as cynical as you, Nick,

You are probably wrong; I am probably more cynical and pessimistic.  I lost
my idealistic virginity years ago and have settled at best for pragmatic
realism, which often means apathetically sitting back and watching with some
enjoyment the world going to hell in a handbag when I think that the odds of
having any positive impact is non-existent.  If and when I do get involved,
it is for my own personal enjoyment and not because I think that I stand a
chance of being effective. Sometimes the enjoyment of being a pain in the
ass and thorn in the sides of the establishment is as effective as you can
get - but that is a personal pleasure and not a socially effective outcome.

> and I'm guessing quite
> a bit older.  He's been around the block at least a half dozen times,
> I'd say. :-)

You got that right!  I am about 41 years older and been around the block at
least a half dozen times since I was in elementary school and got suspended
for starting a revolution among the sixth grade Jewish students against
having to sing Xmas carols at the school assemblies.