[Peace-discuss] one month to big UFPJ Chicago demonstration

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 27 15:30:16 CDT 2007

As has been described previously on peace-discuss, United for Peace and Justice
is coordinating nationwide demonstrations in about a dozen cities on October
27th. There is one in Chicago. As the contact person on record at UFPJ, I've
been contacted by the "October 27th Mobilization Committee" which is putting
together the Chicago event.

I've heard a rumor that there is interest within AWARE in supporting and/or
attending this event. I'm not very involved in AWARE these days - is there
someone more appropriate who wants to be a contact person? I've received a
couple calls from them and I said I would try to put them in touch with a better
contact.

The details on the event are coming together - see www.oct27chicago.org . It
looks very promising.