[Peace-discuss] Legislature is suppressing advisory referenda

Tom Abram tabram at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 22:56:22 CDT 2008

The part that changed my interpretation is:
"The agenda published by the township board *shall* include any such request
made by voters..."
I think we have to make sure that advisory referenda are indeed "relevant to
powers granted to electors under the Township Code" and that the township
board can't just decide that they're not relevant because they don't like
them.

Regardless, it does force us to get the approval of the elected officials
(even if we do determine it's required) rather than from the people.  I
believe much of the actions by the Democratic elected officials was to show
us who was in control.  It's their township, city, county, not ours.

Tom