[Peace-discuss] City Council/Town Board meeting tonight

Paul Mueth paulmueth at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 14 13:40:29 CDT 2008

All,

I'm trying to think of a strategy for some kind of
action in the near term to respond to the township
meeting.

I'm thinking of addressing the council tonight, my 3
minutes of free speech.

I would encourage the council to join the cities for
peace, no war with Iran.

http://www.citiesforprogress.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=217&Itemid=70

You might recall that Urbana was an earlier adopter of
no war with iraq resolution.

I am wondering what others think of doing this , now
or at all.

I know some might say this would give local dems an
out in some way

how many city councilors were in the crowd??

As an aside,  were there many water co workers at the
Urbana mtg?

apparently C had many , sorry if this was discusssed
and I missed it.

I may have scheduling problems that might not let me
make the meeting in time to fill out a public input
slip

ARGH! to all this ..