[Peace-discuss] Urbana City Council meeting last night

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 15 13:50:56 CDT 2008

cge>>flakier than a basket of fresh croissants.

jw>Oh, indeed.  Much better to have a bunch of tough cookies

I've just recently realized that Jeez tends to regard more harshly those that he considers fakes than those he considers to be polar opposites.

On that note, I'll share a quote from an email signature. If one thinks of the US and its role in Iraq while reading it, it has quite an effect:
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis