[Peace-discuss] Re: Esther

Brussel Morton K. mkbrussel at comcast.net
Mon Apr 21 16:43:16 CDT 2008

Yes, Esther Patt has done many good progressive things in the
community, but she has become a part of the Democratic party
structure which seeks at times mainly to maintain its electoral
status, and in that she has regressed from progressive principles.
The opposition of the Democrats, now led by Laurel  Prussing, to the
current issue of whether IRV should be allowed to be discussed in the
community or the City Council via a referendum has all the earmarks
of political control and not of good democratic politics.

No one should be exempt to just criticism. I thought Bob Ilyes
comment was humerous and not particularly offensive.

--mkb