[Peace-discuss] Fwd: War is illegal - International Declaration

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 28 12:11:03 CDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "John W." <jbw292002 at gmail.com>
To: "Randall Cotton" <recotton at earthlink.net>; "Peace-discuss"
<peace-discuss at anti-war.net>
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 11:29 AM
Subject: Re: [Peace-discuss] Fwd: War is illegal - International
Declaration

: At 10:50 AM 4/28/2008, Randall Cotton wrote:
:
: >: I tend to agree.  But does it really matter either way, in the grand
scheme
: >: of things, whether AWARE's name is buried among thousands of other
: >: signatures on this petition?  It's not like AWARE's signing, or not
: >: signing, is going to alter the tide of world history.
: >
: >
: >Well now *that's* a good philosophy: the bigger the movement, the less
we
: >should care. What better way to prevent large scale action than to
: >advocate for apathy in proportion to the magnitude of participation?
: >
: >Sorry, but that kinda irks me.
: >
: >R
:
:
: Sorry, but you're easily irked, and frequently at trivial things.

Trivial to you, perhaps, not to me.

: Why
: didn't you quote the REST of my statement?

It's included (below). These days I'm trying to quote what I refer to at
the top of my responses while still including the whole message
afterwards, to unburden the reader from having to wade through everything
else unless they want to. Picked that up from Laurie and I encourage
others to consider it.

On another list etiquette note, I'd like to encourage folks to consider
keeping questions, discussions, article postings, etc. confined to
peace-discuss. peace is meant to be for minutes, announcement and calls to
action. Some folks depend on peace to be low-traffic and limited to these
purposes and it's a matter of consideration to them. That said, there is
no enforcement and it is AWARE policy to let everything of even remote
significance through, so if you've got your own reasons for posting to
peace that don't gel with its stated purpose, you're free to post
anything. But at least give it thought, please 8-)

Thanks

: