[Peace-discuss] Anti-War Billboard! U-C Friends Meeting seeks support

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 28 15:27:52 CDT 2008

Carl,

I definitely see your point. Even so, I think there are people out there who are against the war because the war is wrong, but they remain in their comfort zone and wait for it to pass.  I have heard the argument that the war is not a local issue and therefore there is nothing that they can do about it.

The cost of the war is one way that touches everyone even in a local way.

And it is more evidence that there is a long-term occupation planned. The US has no plans to reconstruct Iraq -- to provide clean water or jobs or econimic stability; we only have plans to create a huge safe zones to keep Iraqis out.

-karen medina