[Peace-discuss] Brian Chesley's case

LAURIE LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET
Tue Apr 29 20:34:33 CDT 2008

> Maybe there should be a Citizens' Review Board for the office of the
> State's Attorney.

There is.  It is called an election.  But we all know how elections work,
don't we; or are we in a state of denial and delusional optimism. Unlike the
case of police officers, the State's Attorney is an elected official; the
police chief and the police officers are not.  Moreover, supposedly, the
SA's Office and its legal staff are under professional scrutiny by the
court's professional standards and ethics committee and the Bar (both of
which are allegedly independent of the Office of the State's Attorney- wink,
wink, nod, nod).