[Peace-discuss] War Party

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 1 13:33:42 CDT 2008

I don't know why there isn't an EU warrant out for the arrest of the Bush
administration for war crimes regarding our invasion and occupation of
Iraq. These guys belong in the The Hague. The invasion of Iraq was an
exercise in pure evil.

Afghanistan is a more complicated issue. I think we should leave it alone,
but it can be argued that we helped create the Taliban in our proxy war
with the USSR, and that we owe the Afghans some help to try to make up for
the damage we did. I would not go so far as to claim that this would
constitute imperialism, but I have my doubts that further intervention
would a good outcome.

Bob