[Peace-discuss] NG letter: McCain's offshore plan is of no value

Walter Pituc wpituc2 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 13:31:46 CDT 2008

Good letter. The solution to climate change and our energy problems is a
multifaceted one, but it has to be emphasized with reducing consumption -
not only oil, but most consumer goods. Ever since World War II America has
been obsessed with consumption.

Reduce, Reuse and Recycle isn't just a meaningless recitation. It is a
hierarchy of waste minimization. And "Reduce" is the R we as Americans
should be focusing on.

Here is a good wikipedia article covering the waste minimization hierarchy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waste_hierarchy