[Peace-discuss] Durbin pushing for Chicago Olympics

Brian Dolinar briandolinar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 09:38:28 CDT 2008

This has been the strategy of grassroots activists in Chicago regarding the
Burge case - which has HUGE repercussions.
Burge is a reminder that torture has been going on in US jails and prisons
long before the "War on Terror" "Homeland Security" and Guantanamo Bay.

The better parallel is the pressure the Dali Lama and marchers put on the
Chinese govt
leading up to the 2008 Olympics, the protests across the world at torch
passings,
and the ongoing actions that are currently being suppressed.

Neil Parthan is working on a story about the Burge scandal
that should be in the Public i next month.

BD

Brian Dolinar, Ph.D.
303 W. Locust St.
Urbana, IL 61801