[Peace-discuss] NG on the Caucusus and David Green's response

Brussel brussel at uiuc.edu
Sat Aug 23 23:26:12 CDT 2008

I too was struck by David's use of the word Russian "thugs" in his
otherwise good letter to the N-G. This was an unsavory attempt to
appeal to U.S. prejudices. Russia had good reasons for their actions,
and took advantage of the situation to repel American moves in
Georgia. I'm glad they did so, and I would not have appealed to the
"practicality" of condemning them for their actions. --mkb