[Peace-discuss] Obama and torture

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Tue Dec 2 11:07:56 CST 2008

Brennan, a long-time spook, turned out to be too covered in the blood and shit
that the policies Obama embraces have produced to be DNI or head of the CIA.
But aren't you shocked that Obama was going to appoint him until stopped by the
outcry?  As a result, Obama has put off appointments to posts in the
"intelligence community" (hateful phrase: see Tim Weiner's new book).  And
Brennan remains "adviser on intelligence matters and co-leader of his
intelligence transition team." (The transition teams -- e.g., "Homeland
Security" -- are run by rightists.)  --CGE