[Peace-discuss] UFPJ desires

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Thu Dec 4 13:26:34 CST 2008

Sorry, Mort. I did think that the text was proposed as leaflet content.

We both have heard "imperialism" and "empire" used routinely as a code
words for capitalism. Genocide and imperialism carried out by, for example,
Russia or China, are somehow ignored. In the case of Israel, there is often
concern for genocidal intents of some Israelis directed toward Palestinians
combined with no concern for genocidal intents of some Palestinians
directed toward Israelis.

I have no use for this picking sides. There is too much blood on all hands.

Anyone who's read this list for a while knows that we have a fair number of
participants who believe that a US-Israeli conspiracy of capital is behind
a good part of the evil in this world. This is too similar to the thinking
that caused the Holocaust for me. It makes my skin crawl.

Bob