FW: [Peace-discuss] Kinzer: Surge Diplomacy, Not Troops, in Afghanistan

LAURIE SOLOMON LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET
Tue Dec 9 12:04:03 CST 2008

As far as my comments go, I was commenting specifically on your post of Dec
8 and not on the contents of any earlier posts.   Personally, while I prefer
diplomacy over military action, I do not view Amerikan diplomacy as
diplomacy; it is more like arrogant bullying based on bribes, buying of
support, threats, use of black ops, and withholding of human social help.
What is even worse is the fact that Amerika does not even have the honesty
to do this directly but relies on going through third parties so as to
maintain the false face of non-involvement and the ability to engage in
plausible deniability.

-----Original Message-----
From: peace-discuss-bounces at lists.chambana.net
[mailto:peace-discuss-bounces at lists.chambana.net] On Behalf Of C. G.
Estabrook
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2008 11:45 PM
To: LAURIE SOLOMON
Cc: peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Subject: Re: [Peace-discuss] Kinzer: Surge Diplomacy, Not Troops, in
Afghanistan

I think the alternative offered in the subject-line is wrong. It's not a
matter
of choosing diplomacy or troops to "stabilize Afghanistan," as Kinzer says.

That looks like accepting the USG's goal. (Kinzer has been a liberal
supporter
of murderous American policy in Central America and the Middle East.)

We should demand instead that US troops (and mercs) get out of Afghanistan
--
and out of the Middle East.  --CGE

	"If you can get them asking the wrong questions,
	you don't have to worry about answers." --Thomas Pynchon

<http://www.stwr.org/the-un-people-politics/noam-chomsky-on-1968-/-vive-la-r

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-naiman/kinzer-surge-diplomacy-no_b_1493