[Peace-discuss] FW: Presidential thoughts

LAURIE SOLOMON LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET
Sun Dec 14 11:51:58 CST 2008

I wonder if that is also his opinion on the country's dirty laundry?  I can
agree with him regarding the saggy pants but not if it applys to the
country's dirty laundry which I think should be out in the open for everyone
to see and pass laws about.  What do you think?

As stated by President Elect, Barack Obama:

"Here is my attitude: I think people passing a law against people wearing
sagging pants is a waste of time. We should be focused on creating jobs,
improving our schools, health care, dealing with the war in Iraq, and
anybody, any public official, that is worrying about sagging pants probably
needs to spend some time focusing on real problems out there. Having said
that, brothers should pull up their pants. You are walking by your mother,
your grandmother, your underwear is showing. What's wrong with that? Come
on. There are some issues that we face, that you don't have to pass a law,
but that doesn't mean folks can't have some sense and some respect for other
people and, you know, some people might not want to see your underwear - I'm
one of them."