[Peace-discuss] The new admin. & labor

Neil Parthun lennybrucefan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 19:20:39 CST 2008

Being in education, the notion of teaching to the test is quite
ridiculous, counterproductive and leads to increased problems in the
classroom with behavior.  It is brutally blatant that NCLB is not
working, so Obama appoints one of NCLB's most ardent supporters.  Not
really change I can believe in.

I am quite lucky to teach Social Studies where we can go into
questioning skills, abstract thought (i.e. "Do you think that X was
appropriate?  Why/why not?" etc.) and have some significant debate
with critical thought.

Live without dead time,

      Neil

  With the people, for the people, by the people. I crack up when I
hear it; I say, with the handful, for the handful, by the handful
because that's what really happens.
[fannie lou hamer, 1917-1977]