[Peace-discuss] Has Obama Already Vetoed Single-Payer Health Care?

LAURIE SOLOMON LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET
Thu Dec 18 10:30:24 CST 2008

If this Truthout article is correct, we can cross out another reason for
optimism and another hope that "the more things change, the more they stay
the same" will not be the case.  I am betting that we will see another
"sleight of hand", "diversion and mirrors" presentation by the incoming
administration.

Steve Weissman | Has Obama Already Vetoed Single-Payer Health Care?

http://www.truthout.org/121808J

Steve Weissman, Truthout: "Back in 2003, an Illinois state senator named
Barack Obama spoke to an AFL-CIO group and what he told them is now making
headlines across the Internet. 'I happen to be a proponent of a single-payer
universal health-care plan,' he said to applause. 'I see no reason why the
United States of America, the wealthiest country in the history of the
world, spending 14 percent of its Gross National Product on health care,
cannot provide basic health insurance to everybody.'"