[Peace-discuss] Faith and fanaticism

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 19 09:57:49 CST 2008

A study in displacement: liberals, their principles revealed as a Potemkin
village and their heroes unmasked as con-men, are reduced to the fundamental
article of their faith -- how nasty religion is.

Meanwhile, in the real world, the Clinton-Bush-Obama war crimes are not a result
of religion but of the long-standing (and rational if vicious) US policy of
controlling Mideast energy.  And the resistance to the generation-long assault
-- driven into religious institutions after the suppression of its secular forms
-- commits crimes of its own in a struggle generally just, for reasons that are
primarily political, not religious.  --CGE