RE: [Peace-discuss] James Petras fulminates.

LAURIE SOLOMON LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET
Fri Dec 19 11:07:22 CST 2008

I am inclined to agree with your analysis for the most part. It is not just
the UFPJ; but it also applies to the general population and more
specifically to the liberal and progressive segments of that population.
Ultimately, I would not be at all surprised to see Obama go into a phone
booth and come out as the Black Clinton.  It will not be the first time that
Blacks and other minorities have been screwed by one of their own.  In that
regard, they have achieved equality with Whites who are often screwed by
their own.  What is so damn intriguing about the process is that it takes
place repetitively over and over again; talk about near sightedness and
short term memories.

-----Original Message-----
From: peace-discuss-bounces at lists.chambana.net
[mailto:peace-discuss-bounces at lists.chambana.net] On Behalf Of Morton K.
Brussel
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 10:17 AM
To: C.G.Estabrook
Cc: peace-discuss Discuss
Subject: Re: [Peace-discuss] James Petras fulminates.

I thought you'd be sympathetic :-)=

I believe the refusal to lambast Obama for his various choices of
advisors at the UFPJ has to do somewhat with not offending those
African-Americans (many on the steering committee), so proud and
happy that Obama was elected. Only Ali Abunimah of those on the
podium called a spade a spade, infuriated that Obama supported the
strangling of the Palestinians, especially in Gaza. Also, I can
surmise that the relief of so many that the Bush regime was
repudiated with Obama's election has tended to attenuate their
impulse to then immediately attack the beneficiary.
--mkb