[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Invitation to participate in the Obama Support Stop Outsourcing Security Act

Barbara kessel barkes at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 01:23:31 CST 2008

Please consider signing the Clearwater Petition on the ILCPJ web site. The
petition calls on President Obama to support the Stop Outsourcing Security
Act also known as the SOS Act. It was introduced by Rep. Schakowsky of
Illinois over a year ago. There is a companion bill in the Senate,
introduced by Sen. Berrnie Sanders of Vermont. The bills call for a phase
out of all use of private military contractors by the U.S. government over
the next five years.

The Clearwater group believes it is time to remind President Elect Obama
that he once opposed the use of private contractors and had introduced a
bill calling for more oversight of their actions and to hold them
accountable.

With the recent indictments of five Blackwater contractors the Clearwater
group is urging others to join our call for an end to our governments
growing dependency on private armies like Blackwater before security no
longer is a human right but a right for only those who can afford to pay for
their security.

Please sign the petition today. The petition will be delivered during
Clearwater's vigil at Camp Hope on Friday January 16th 3-6pm. This will be
followed with an update of Blackwater and their actions around the world, as
well as their actions here in Illinois.

For more information or questions contact Dan Kenney dan at noprivatearmies.org

To participate, follow this
link<http://icjpe.org/petitions/sign.php?pid=74&domainID=2&spid=5>