[Peace-discuss] Fw: CLNews: We Are Hard-Wired to Care and Connect by David Korten

unionyes unionyes at ameritech.net
Sun Dec 21 09:07:05 CST 2008

An interesting article by David Korten, who sounded the first " alarm bell "
over 15 years ago about the current corporate agenda, in his book " WHEN
CORPORATIONS RULE THE WORLD ".

For those of you who are not familiar with " WHEN CORPORATIONS RULE THE
WORLD ", it is an excellent analysis and as relevant today as it was in the
early 1990's.
What makes the book even more interesting is the background of  the author,
who was a major in the USAF during the Vietnam war, came from a conservative
family who owned a small business, obtained a PHD in Business
Administration, went to work for a U.S. Development Agency in Asia to "
teach " the American Business Model to people in the underdeveoped world,
believing that this was the sollution to world poverty. After 20-years doing
this, Korten quit his job and returned to the U.S., with a realization that
the American Business Model was in fact CAUSING poverty, political
instability, destruction of family and social fabrics, as well as
systematically destroying the world enviroment.

David J.