[Peace-discuss] Rick Warren, Nation Article et al.

Neil Parthun lennybrucefan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 18:30:24 CST 2008

I fail to see what's funny by talking down to religious people.  I
credit part of my social justice radicalization to the Catholic
Church and some of their work against the death penalty, the School
of the Americas, etc.

While I am not a spiritual person by any stretch, I fail to see how
making fun of people who believe in such religious ideology is
progressive or something that builds a movement.

While religious ideas have brought us fundamentalists of all stripes,
it has brought us Bonhoeffers, Romeros, Days and countless others who
have worked very hard to establish the fruits of social justice.

Live without dead time,
      Neil

  With the people, for the people, by the people. I crack up when I
hear it; I say, with the handful, for the handful, by the handful
because that's what really happens.
[fannie lou hamer, 1917-1977]