[Peace-discuss] Take Concrete Steps to Engage Iran

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 14:27:08 CST 2008

Experts say direct, unconditional and comprehensive negotiations are
most likely to succeed, and that we should adopt policies to
facilitate contacts between scholars, professionals, religious
leaders, lawmakers and ordinary citizens.

The Obama Administration can take concrete steps immediately to
facilitate these contacts. We can open a "U.S. interests section" -
low-level diplomatic representation - in Tehran. Even the outgoing
Bush Administration indicated that it wanted to do this. We can also
allow direct passenger airline flights between Tehran and New York.

http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/38453

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/12/23/151136/36

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-naiman/take-concrete-steps-to-en_b_153170.html

--
Robert Naiman
Just Foreign Policy
naiman at justforeignpolicy.org

Stephen Kinzer: Surge Afghanistan Diplomacy, Not Troops
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e24UHABpWE8