Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: [Peace-discuss] Repeating a lie doesn't make it true -- P S

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 5 21:45:54 CST 2008

No, he didn't.

In the summer of 2005 he said, "...we are fighting for freedom in places like
Iraq and Afghanistan ... the seeds of democracy began to take root in Iraq ...
It is a challenge now to try to fix the mess that has been made by this
administration ... I believe the president must take a realistic look at our
current strategy and reshape it into an aggressive and workable plan that will
ensure success in Iraq."

And he explicitly rejected withdrawal.  He even refused to say that as president
he would withdraw troops by 2013.

His proposal about bombing Iran -- during his campaign for Senate -- was part of
general support of the common USG policy on the Middle East (including the
suppression of the Palestinians, as Karen noted).  Documentation is in an
accompanying post.