Fwd: Re: [Peace-discuss] Repeating a lie... is tacky. Telling the truth is better!!

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 02:52:45 CST 2008

Jeez, Carl, you're the wordsmith of the group... so I KNOW you don't REALLY think "would consider" (especially after a series of conditions) is synonymous w/ "proposed!!!???" I think it dishonors you to pull this kind of stuff, and also -- having lost the argument about Obama and Iraq -- to bring in Iran... and then Pakistan!!

  How 'bout we all try to stick to the truth (which is condemning enuff) on these posts. There's enuff BS out there w/o our generating more.
   --Jenifer

Marti Wilkinson <martiwilki at gmail.com> wrote:
  You may want to re-read my emails. I stated a clear preference for more than one source of information. I did not claim that the Tribune article is false. If my attempts to strive for more than one resource to educate myself on a given subject matter is grasping at straws, then I'm guilty as charged.

Of course I could resign myself to taking everything that is posted as absolute gospel and avoid making the effort to actually think for myself. The trouble with that is I would only deny myself the right to be wrong and the opportunity to actually learn something on occasion. Seems like a pretty boring way to spend ones time.

Peace, Marti

  On Feb 6, 2008 1:41 AM, C. G. Estabrook <galliher at uiuc.edu> wrote:
  You're grasping at straws.  There's no doubt he said it.