[Peace-discuss] Anecdote from Minnesota

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 7 11:38:32 CST 2008

This is interesting.  Especially the bit below from Andy, the Ron Paul
supporter, who called for ending foreign aid until the
US gets its own house in order (i.e. indefinitely).

I'm glad to see him raise the Middle East as the
issue driving the bulk of our foreign aid.  And I would surely favor
cutting support for Israel, at least having aid depend on Israel's
behavior (say, obeying international law, and going by the terms of
existing UN Security Council resolutions, for a start).

But suggesting that the US simply abandon foreign aid altogether is a different
matter.  That sentiment might go in other directions too.  For example,
has Ron Paul himself expressed an opinion on US support for the United Nations,
one way or another?