[Peace-discuss] Ralph's trick question

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 8 11:29:33 CST 2008

Good guess, John.  Ralph's "Could you tell me whey 81% of the voters in the
Democratic primary voted for her???" was a trick question, and probably
should be considered a joke.

The criticism of Rietz that I see on this list is similar to the criticism
of Obama. You can pick-and-choose regarding anybody's record and make them
out to be a "bad guy", since even the best of us make mistakes.

Who was it that said something like "the pleasures of destruction are not
to be underestimated"? Russell, perhaps? This fixation on taking out bad
guys looks like a form of auto-politicism to me. Those who practice it get
off on doing so, while the more fundamental problems of questionable laws
and societal norms go untouched.

Bob