[Peace-discuss] The "new anti-Semitism" is back on campus

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 08:39:02 CST 2008

Friends,

  I received a postcard in the mail announcing a campus event on Feb. 27th, an image of which is to be found at

  http://www.jewishuiuc.org/templates/articlecco_cdo/aid/632321/jewish/The-New-Anti-Semitism.htm

  It depicts a Palestinian and another khaki-clad individual besmirching the flag of Israel, next to a photo of a Nazi death camp. As far as I know, there have never existed any death camps administered by Palestinians.

  While William Brustein is a prolific scholar, it appears that we are in for another equation of anti-Semitism and criticism of Israel. That is, an apologetic for Zionist criminality.

  Needless to say, I find this offensive. It can hardly be any more offensive, but given the historical moment, I fear that this is the case.

  David Green