[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] The "new anti-semitism" is back on campus

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 13:42:31 CST 2008

In the final analysis, it's important to remember that the images reflect exactly the intentions of those who defend Israel's policy--to depict some, many, most, or all Palestinians not only as wanting to exterminate Jews, and just for the sake of their being Jewish. I also suspect that, couched in scholarly language, this will be the speaker's message. It will be important to remind him and the audience that the ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians, now a 60-year project, proceeds, and that Palestinian efforts for a peaceful solution have been repeatedly rejected by Israel and the U.S.

Marilyn Booth <mbooth at uiuc.edu> wrote:  The speaker has just communicated with me, also sending me the text of a
message he has sent to the Rabbi Teichtel objecting strongly to the
representation and asking that it be removed.

My interest in this was in actively objecting to an offensive
representation and having it taken out of public space. I will inform
him about the postcards.

MB

*********************************

mbooth at uiuc.edu