[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] House concert, 2/25

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 14:33:14 CST 2008

Carl,
  Will Odetta also be at your house concert?
  Jenifer

"C. G. Estabrook" <galliher at uiuc.edu> wrote:
  Dear folks:

On Monday, February 25th at 7:30pm, Radoslav Lorkovic
currently touring with Odetta, will give
a concert at our home (5 Litchfield Lane, Champaign). As his website notes:

"Drawing from a multitude of influences ranging from elegant classical
and jazz styles to the rawest, most basic blues, country and soul,
Radoslav Lorkovic has taken on an unusually broad musical spectrum and
refined it into his distinctive piano style. His tenure on the R&B and
folk circuits has culminated in five critically acclaimed solo
recordings and numerous appearances on the recordings of and
performances with artists including Odetta, Jimmy LaFave, Ribbon of
Highway Woody Guthrie Tribute, Greg Brown, Richard Shindell, Ellis Paul,
Dave Moore, Andy White and Bo Ramsey. His twenty year touring career has
led him from the taverns of the upper Mississippi River to the castles
of Italy, The Canary Islands, The Yup'ik villages of Alaska and Carnegie
Hall."

The piano is tuned -- dessert, coffee and tea will be served beginning
about 6:30 -- please join us.

Seats are limited to about 35. Tickets are $15 with everything going to
the performer. Those of you who've been to my house concerts in the
past know they are a wonderful chance to hear music in an intimate
setting and a fun party.

Please reserve your seats via email. You are welcome to pass along the
invitation to others. I'm very much looking forward to this. --Leigh

Leigh S. Estabrook
5 Litchfield Lane
Champaign IL. 61820
217.359.9466