[Peace-discuss] Westboro Baptist and NIU

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 17:44:44 CST 2008

WBC is run by a nut case named Fred Phelps who actually "drove Jim Crow laws out of KS" (I guess blacks are always heterosexual) but literally hates everybody else. He even calls Ronald Reagan and (wait for it......) Bill O'Reilly Fag enablers!!! (I bet O'Reilly loved that). Phelps and WBC seem as harmless as they are ridiculous. I don't think they're worth a counter-protest. In fact, I'd say don't waste your time even thinking about them, other than check out the link and have a good laugh. More at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Phelps
   --Jenifer

"John W." <jbw292002 at gmail.com> wrote:
  At 02:43 PM 2/15/2008, Wendy Edwards wrote:

>Just as a heads-up, the infamous Westboro Baptist Church (as in
>godhatesfags.com) is planning to show up at NIU in the wake of the
>shootings to "protest" at memorials. Some counter-protests are planned.
>Here's the WBC flyer:
>
>http://www.godhatesfags.com/written/fliers/20080214_northern-illinois-university-shooter.pdf
>
>Wendy

Ugh. I had never seen that web site before. It makes me literally
nauseous just to read it.