[Peace-discuss] Westboro Baptist and NIU

Laurie at advancenet.net laurie at advancenet.net
Fri Feb 15 20:08:24 CST 2008

>What is really amazing is the leader of this 'church' Fred Phelps actually
practiced as a civil rights attorney before being disbarred. Somewhere along
> the line his wiring short circuited.

Hmmmmm!  Just to be perverse and cause everyone to stop and think.  Could it
be that his wiring never short circuited; but rather it was a deliberate
strategy aimed at giving his clients just the sorts of defenses that would
land them in jail, result in their getting more time than they otherwise
would have, or cost them money in fees and civil actions against them.  His
being disbarred came as a result of people finding out the nature of his
strategy and/or the non-representation of his clients' interests in favor of
his own agenda.

As I said, just a thought.