[Peace-discuss] More on Americans' view of Israel

Laurie at advancenet.net laurie at advancenet.net
Fri Feb 15 21:44:34 CST 2008

>Chicago isn't a dark and militaristic place???

Not anymore than many other big cities and certainly less so than Macomb,
Il. or CU once you consider the population sizes and demographics and begin
to peel back the layers that hide the dark violent underbelly of American
small towns - especially those with big research institutions funded by the
Department of Defense, Homeland Security, the NSA, and other neo-colonialist
private corporations.  I remember Illiac and its connection to the weather
research for the US Air Force so that they could predict weather around the
world in an attempt to control the weather and use it to their advantage on
military missions; do you?  I also remember how many computer science and
engineering faculty and students became irate (almost to the point of
violent) when student demonstrations forced the Air Force to move their
Illiac projects elsewhere.  I further remember how covert many of the
proposed research projects associated with the Illiac super computer were
because they were cloaked in national security secrecy (with some being
geared to testing strategies for the CIA and other agencies pertaining to
how one can control the food and water supplies so as to bring third world
players and populations under our thumb and control.  Pretty dark and
militaristic for a sleepy downstate small college community.