[Peace-discuss] Fwd: [Announce] An invitation to join WEFT-Community <weft-comm@curadio.net>

Marti Wilkinson martiwilki at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 12:40:18 CST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: C. G. Estabrook <carl at newsfromneptune.com>
Date: Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 3:34 PM
Subject: [Announce] An invitation to join WEFT-Community <
weft-comm at curadio.net>
To: announce at communitycourtwatch.org

The station manager of community radio station WEFT-Champaign has
suppressed the mailing list <wefta at weft.org>.  That seems to me an
unwise decision.

Originally a list for WEFT "Associates" (a designation from WEFT's
elaborate structure of by-laws), wefta had become a widely-used
discussion list on matters relating to the station.

Several of us, with various relations to WEFT (e.g., I have been an
airshifter for 18 years and a member for more than 20), thought it a
good idea to put together a broad discussion list concerning the
station.  We're calling it "WEFT-Community" <weft-comm at curadio.net>. The
list is open to Associates,  members of WEFT (those who contribute at
least $40 annually), and anyone who's interested in what happens at
WEFT, member or not.

Posts to the list are not screened, and the archives -- at
<http://lists.curadio.net/pipermail/weft-comm-curadio.net/> -- are open.
 We naturally assume that people will observe the ordinary rules of
netiquette.

To receive postings on weft-comm and/or to post your own messages, go to
<curadio.net> and follow the instructions there to subscribe.  Or you
can send me a note at <carl at newsfromneptune.com>, and I'll be glad to
add your name to the list of subscribers.

    In hopes of "an accessible, responsible, and responsive radio
    alternative serving the communities of East-Central Illinois,"

    Carl Estabrook

    ###