[Peace-discuss] Re: [Discuss] From the WCIA Website

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 21 14:01:53 CST 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 01:19:43PM -0600, Marti Wilkinson wrote:
> In reading the story below I would like to know what kind of resources are
> available for the kids who live here?  As a resident of Garden Hills I'm
> concerned about what could be a lack of a multifaceted approach here.  Both
> the high schools in this community are overcrowded and I believe that this
> combined with limited options for kids is a huge factor here.

William Trent of the Planning & Implementation Committee,
in the recent presentation about the Champaign Unit4 School District
Consent Decree, made a point like yours: he noted that there is just
no place in town where 14-16-year-olds can go and have adult supervision.
And he quoted Dan McCollum as having pointed out how little investment,
compared with other cities, Champaign puts toward its children.