[Peace-discuss] Voices of a People's History

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 17:50:41 CST 2008

GREAT idea! Anybody have any contacts w/ Station Theatre or Parkland's Theatre Dept?

  Btw, Speaking of People's History of the United States, the rights to screen production (or whatever it's called) were bo't by Rupert Murdoch a while back. Zinn (on McChesney's Media Matters) said production (w/ Matt Damon and others) would surely go forward at some point but was stalled at that point. (Why do I think Murdoch bo't the rights in order to supress the production and airing of it???)
   --Jenifer

"Morton K. Brussel" <brussel4 at insightbb.com> wrote:
  Our neighbor in Indiana is putting on the show. Can we do the same?

    Bloomington Playwrights Project presents a special production for ArtsWeek 2008, Voices of a People's History of the United States, an inspiring evening of dramatic readings by local actors, activists and authors of the speeches, stories, trials and letters of the people (including Frederick Douglass, Henry Thoreau, Sojourner Truth, Susan B. Anthony, Eugene Debs, Howard Zinn, and Cindy Sheehan) and the various social movements that have shaped American history. The readings were culled from the acclaimed book of the same name co-edited by Howard Zinn and Anthony Arnove

  Performances are February 20 & 27 at 7:00 pm at the BPP, 107 West 9th, Bloomington, Indiana.

  Tickets are $7 General Admission and $5 for Students/Seniors and are available in advance at http://www.bloomingtonarts.info/ or the BPP Box Office (M-F, 10am-5pm).

  For more info, please contact the BPP at 812-334-1188 or email bppwrite[at]newplays[dot]org.

  Additional information on the performance is available at:
  http://community.livejournal.com/bloomington/1752399.html