[Peace-discuss] Kucinich

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 4 18:42:18 CST 2008

I think this is right -- Brooks, the NYT et Al. desperately want to prevent the emergence of any class talk. (Clever Obama avoids it for just that reason.) But Cockburn/St. Claire are happy to have it and have excoriated Obama in the past. ("Senator Slither" was I believe Alex' sobriquet for him.)

In today's piece they say, "Young voters see Obama as a break with the past, and he skillfully manages to avoid any substantive positioning that might disabuse them of this belief." It is remarkable that the Republican winner in Iowa, not the Democrat, is by far the more vocal critic of Wall Street.  --CGE