[Peace-discuss] Clinton stumping for Clinton on C-SPAN -- I must confess I was impressed...

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 18:54:21 CST 2008

Sure, devastation will have great consequences in the long run... or not. You and I can watch it all on our big screen HDTVs since it won't really affect us. Btw, what's the deal w/ the Laurie and (capital letter) LAURIE? Are there two of you on this list, or??
   --Jenifer

"Laurie at advancenet.net" <laurie at advancenet.net> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}                Smile!  I appreciate and respect you point of view; but I just disagree. J  I am not holding out for a perfect world either; but I also am not optimistic about gaining even just a better world.  I certainly am not interested in expending energy fighting windmills to stand a possibility of only winning some minor or symbolic battles while never seeking to win the war.  The American political culture and electoral system is beyond repair and cannot be remedied with reforms.  In my opinion, playing the established game is but an example of, when you participate in a rat race, you are a rat whether you win or lose the race.

  I am also not sure if devastation my not have beneficial consequences in the long run by virtue of alienating those whose false consciousness leads them to tacitly support the system as it is and the way it works, who buy into the establishment premises and corporate values (e.g., the capitalists American dream of being either Horatio Alger by gaining fame and fortune or becoming middle class), and who are unwilling to go outside the system and fighting for their vested interests.  Should they become alienated, then the society stands a chance of getting them to radically analyze things and entertain the possibility of revolting against the establishment and their minions and organizational actors.