[Peace-discuss] AWARE discussion on the perceived threat of the religious right

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 8 13:52:34 CST 2008

Peace Discuss,

RE: AWARE discussion on the perceived threat of the religious right

A few weeks ago, there was a discussion as to whether Christian extremists were a real threat deserving focused attention, or if it wasn't the real problem.

I just got a note from a Christian group actively interested in Peace and Justice issues, so I forward it (see below) to you all for 2 reasons. 1) So that people see that not all Christians are the same, and 2) because the note seems to be convinced that the Christian religious extremists have some power with Secretary of State Rice and that churches should let her know that not all Christians believe the same.

-karen medina