[Peace-discuss] Obama's platform

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 16:49:39 CST 2008

Once again, I got a kick out of David Brooks NYT defining Obama as a "communitarian" for unity, and McCain as an individualist for "honor." He thinks that this offers a genuine choice, and I fear the vast majority of NYT readers and NPR listeners will agree--just keep an eye on the letters. This appears to be our choice in the final election. Anyone for disunity and dishonor?

  DG

"C. G. Estabrook" <galliher at uiuc.edu> wrote:
  "Barack Obama is in favour of hope, unity and change. If only his rivals would agree to campaign on a ticket of despair, discord and stagnation, the electorate would have a real choice."
--Gideon Rachman, Financial Times, January 7 2008