[Peace-discuss] University of Illinois and Homeland Security

Laurie at advancenet.net laurie at advancenet.net
Sun Jan 13 13:03:36 CST 2008

> What is the possible relationship between the
> University of Illinois and the Department of Homeland
> Security?

Well there was no Department of Homeland Security back then; but in the
1960's, the University of Illinois fully cooperated with the FBI and local
authorities is tracking dissidents and anti-war protesters, finding and
turning over draft dodgers, in setting up a free speech area away from
pedestrian traffic which was easily videoed and photographed by authorities,
and a number of other activities and policies similar to what is being
described.  Why would one expect that the U of I is not doing it now and in
spades?