[Fwd: Re: [Peace-discuss] The End of the Road for George W. Bush...(?)]

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 18 10:36:38 CST 2008

The moralistic frenzy seemed to be directed at Bush himself as the
source of the evil.  That's blaming the monkey rather than the
organ-grinder for the bad music.  The real metamorphosis is the change
of the administration -- announced by the NIE -- from being dominated by
the War Party to acquiescing to the more restrained but still vicious
imperialism of the foreign policy establishment. Institutionally, from
Cheney's OVP and Rumsfeld's Pentagon to the State Department, CIA and
uniformed military. And of course the struggle goes on. --CGE