[Peace-discuss] Naomi Shihab Nye's poem for the buses?

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 13:46:07 CST 2008

Well, I think it's ambiguous, and if I read it just in pasing, I'd assume it came from an anti-Arab source, not a peace group like AWARE. I think the idea of a message inside the bus is great, but I think it needs to be the right one, and I know there are better quotes available.
   --Jenifer

Karen Medina <kmedina at uiuc.edu> wrote:
  > Won't people think, "Hmmm, T'he Arabs USED to say,
> etc'... and what are the Arabs saying NOW?"
> --Jenifer

I'd say the person who asks this just might also ask themselves why they don't say it anymore.

-karen medina