[Peace-discuss] Ron Paul

illyes at uiuc.edu illyes at uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 30 22:24:47 CST 2008

Regarding Jenifer's objections, I note that Ron Paul supporters have exactly the same right to stand on a public sidewalk with signs as AWARE does. Those who are bothered by this can always carry anti-Paul signs, if they like. I for one will be glad to have the free coffee while trying to convince the Libertarians that they should repent and become liberals. Carl, likely, will be trying to convince them that they should not become liberals. This sounds like great fun to me.

I talked to one of the Libertarian organizers, who said that they're working on getting TV coverage. We may have a much bigger crowd than usual. He said that the main issue that is attracting folks locally to the Libertarians is opposition to war. This looks like an opportunity, not a problem.

Bob