[Peace-discuss] Kucinich asks for petition signers for impeachment on july 4.

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Fri Jul 4 16:50:08 CDT 2008

Dennis Kucinich 4th of July Impeachment Message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olcHZ_lUG6Q

Transcript:
Some Democratic Leaders say Impeachment is off the table.
So, let us set a new table for our nation, upon which we place the
Constitution and where we demand that all those who have taken an oath
to defend it .. keep their promise and protect our nation from the
threat within.

Please go to www.kucinich.us now and sign the petition, which calls for
impeachment. This is the one petition that will make a difference
because I will be delivering it personally to your member of congress.
Please circulate word of this petition far and wide, to all your friends
and family. This is the one opportunity that we have right now to
actually change events in this country.

Two hundred and thirty-two years ago, our nation was conceived in
liberty. We have once again reached a moment of truth, one that Lincoln
recognized at Gettysburg as to whether "this nation or any nation so
conceived or so dedicated can long endure".

Through the ashes of war, Lincoln prayed that "this nation, under God,
shall have a new birth of freedom...and that government of the people,
by the people, and for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

This Fourth of July, 2008, we face a different kind of war; one which is
trying our souls.. a war based on lies. But with the power of truth and
the power of the people we can achieve a new birth of freedom, standing
up for what is good in America, insisting on the rule of law, demanding
adherence to the Constitution, and supporting the impeachment of a
President who lied to take us into a war against Iraq.

Be the answer to Lincoln's Prayer. Please pledge your support now to
restoring the rule of law in America. As we once again celebrate our
Independence, let us celebrate freedom from fear and pledge that this
government of the people will survive in this land that we love.

Please go to kucinich.us now. This is your chance to make a difference;
truly celebrate our Independence. Thank you.