[Peace-discuss] Biofuels are prime cause of food crisis, says leaked (World Bank) report -

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 5 11:45:18 CDT 2008

Add GREEDY to stupid and vain.
 --Jenifer

--- On Sat, 7/5/08, n.dahlheim at mchsi.com <n.dahlheim at mchsi.com> wrote:

From: n.dahlheim at mchsi.com <n.dahlheim at mchsi.com>
Subject: Re: [Peace-discuss] Biofuels are prime cause of food crisis, says leaked (World Bank) report -
To: "E. Wayne Johnson" <ewj at pigs.ag>
Cc: Peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Date: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 10:21 AM

I completely concur, especially when you consider the extraordinarily precarious
nature of agriculture.
The only reason that the amount of humans being fed on this planet is as high
as it is, is dependent
upon the petrochemical inputs and massive irrigation and tilling technology
that artificially boosts
yields.  Declining water tables (the Ogallala aquifer in the central U.S. is in
a lot of trouble going 10-20
years in the future) and now the peaking of world oil production likely means
that America, a land of
people who stuff their faces with food and see their waistlines expand
continuously, will itself have
trouble feeding itself using commercialized mechanized factory agriculture.
And we're putting that
food in our cars?  We are a stupid and vain people, and Nature and the rest of
the world will have their
revenge upon us....  I can't tell you how many people here in NYC are so
convinced that Barack Obama
is going to fix things----just total idiocy from the "creative class"
yuppies who are continuing to do
poor imitations of committed progressive thinkers.