[Peace-discuss] Chicago police -- holding out until the lawsuits stop?

Laurie Solomon laurie1942 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 7 13:26:41 CDT 2008

But, if I understand the Court's majority opinion, municipalities and other
local governmental units as well as the states, can have all kinds of
restrictive licensing laws and other laws just short of actual banning of
guns which could, if stringently enforced, effectively control and limit gun
ownership as well as the sale of firearms or their importation into the
city, local governmental unit's jurisdiction, or the state.  But that is not
going to happen in most instances or places even if and when the local law
enforcement asks for it, which they have in some areas.