[Peace-discuss] "Strangebedfellows"

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 9 16:37:32 CDT 2008

[From <http://accountabilitynowpac.com/>. --CGE]

August 8, 2008 — this is the date for our Strangebedfellows MONEYBOMB on behalf
of constitutional rights and civil liberties in America. Let's remove from power
the key enablers of the tyrannical and lawless FISA 'compromise;' we can end the
Patriot Act — and so much more. Join with us by pledging now — right here at
AccountabilityNowPAC.com. Become a part of our transpartisan alliance of freedom
lovers! Be a Strangebedfellow!

Who Are The Strangebedfellows?

Strangebedfellows is a unique and diverse left-right coalition which has come
together to put a stop to the eradication of civil liberties in America. Modeled
on a similar group in Britain, the initial Strangebedfellows group encompasses
Ron Paul supporters (BreakTheMatrix.com, Rick Williams and Trevor Lyman),
leading bloggers from the left (Glenn Greenwald of Salon.com, Jane Hamsher of
firedoglake.com) and many more who share the view that warrantless surveillance,
telecom immunity and other such outrages of the lawless surveillance state MUST
END -- AND END NOW. Our group of Strangebedfellows is organizing a moneybomb on
behalf of AccountabilityNowPAC, and we’re reaching out to friends and colleagues
from across the political spectrum who believe in the Bill of Rights and freedom
in America. So join us -- become a Strangebedfellow! Add your name and group to
our list of backers, and enter your pledge today to donate to
AccountabilityNowPAC. Let’s reverse these police state sellouts by our political
leaders -- FOREVER.

Here’s What We’re Asking You To Do

Strangebedfellows has retained BreakTheMatrix to serve as our moneybomb
organizer and service provider for a massive donations collection effort on
behalf of AccountabilityNowPAC. Remember the giant moneybombs from the Ron Paul
presidential campaign? Well, Trevor Lyman was the man behind those efforts, and
he and his BreakTheMatrix colleagues are the leading experts in the world in
online moneybomb fundraising. Here’s how it works:

You enter your pledge today -- RIGHT NOW -- by clicking the “Pledge” button on
the side of this website screen. This pledge becomes your commitment to
contribute (maximum donation $5000) to AccountabilityNowPAC on August 8, 2008 --
the moneybomb collection day. Visit our website often over the next month to
watch the pledges mount and to learn about the growing array of supporters and
groups who are choosing to become Strangebedfellows with us. Then the key event
-- you COME BACK on August 8, 2008, and make your actual money contribution
through our online collection service right here at
www.AccountabilityNowPAC.com. The force and power of a moneybomb is simple and
straightforward. We all donate on the SAME DAY, and working together we send our
political leaders (Democrat and Republican) a freedom message they will never
forget. So help us make it work. Pledge today; then come back and donate on the
8th. Let’s show our leaders once and for all that there is a POWERFUL movement
here that will settle for nothing less than constitutional governance in America.

Why August 8th?

That is the day in 1974 when Richard Nixon was forced to resign from office for
his lawbreaking and surveillance abuses. That day illustrates how far we have
fallen in this country in less than 35 years, as we now not only permit rampant
presidential lawbreaking and a limitless surveillance state, but have a
bipartisan political class that endorses it and even retroactively protects the
lawbreakers.

Become a Strangebedfellow; and we thank you for pledging...